David M Daggett CPA

Executive Leadership

David M Daggett CPA - How To Become A Certified Public Accountant

David M Daggett CPA is a talented and experienced Certified Public Accountant. He has been working as an accountant for many years and helps both companies and individuals with all their tax needs. He is also experienced with tax planning. If you are good with numbers and want to help people with their tax problems, consider becoming a Certified Public Accountant.

High School
You will need a high school degree if you plan on becoming a tax accountant. It is a good idea to take college prep classes if they are available at your school. You should also focus on advanced math classes. Many high schools also offer finance classes. All of these things can come in handy.

You will need to attend college if you plan on becoming a tax accountant. You will need to major in finance or accounting. Make sure you get good grades because if you plan on attending graduate school, your acceptance could be based on your grades. You may also want to use your notes in graduate school or when you take your accountant certification exam.

Graduate School
Most Certified Public Accountants attend graduate school. Graduate school can teach you more about special areas of tax accounting and open up doors to more careers and different opportunities. Getting accepted into graduate school can be difficult, but it is an essential step to becoming a successful tax accountant.

It is important to take the time to review everything you learned in college and graduate school so you are completely prepared to take your certification exam. You want to pass it the first time and you also want to score high on it. Save all your notes from college, take practice exams and use sample questions to help you prepare and study for your certification exam.

Certification Exam
Once you have finished graduate school you will need to plan to take your certification exam. You will need to find a testing location and the dates and times that are available. There are usually several to choose from and it is a good idea to either take it fresh out of school or after you have had enough time to study. You can take the exam more than once but you will need to pay each time you take it. In some states, there may be a certain amount of times you are allowed to take it each year.

David M Daggett CPA attended San Diego State University in 2011 he purchased an interest in a local accounting firm. The firm is Lee, Cochran & Daggett, CPAs, LLP. He is currently a partner with the firm and enjoys helping each of his clients with their tax needs.

Go Back